[Samba] Ideas for distributed Samba servers

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Sun Apr 11 19:19:15 MDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 9:03 AM, ravi channavajhala <
ravi.channavajhala at dciera.com> wrote:

> WAFS (Wide Area File System) appliances can be very well deployed for this
> sort of thing precisely.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any opensource
> project for WAFS.  However, commercial solutions such as Riverbed, Expand
> Networks, CISCO/WAFS, Juniper/Peribit do exist.

So far, this is the direction that we may go. We have looked at a Riverbed
product, it's good to know alternatives. This may not be as much of an issue
as it was in the past as I believe we my get a network upgrade that will
negate the need for this.

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University