[Samba] Compile Samba 3.5 for lenny

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Fri Apr 9 11:49:26 MDT 2010

Quoting Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac (lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br):
> You can use the backports repo to install samba 3.4 and add Windows
> 7 machines, also windows Vista machines.

Also note that I may provide unofficial backported packages for samba
3.5 series through http://pkg-samba-maint.alioth.debian.org/ in a few
weeks, as samba 3.5 series is currently in Debian experimental
only...so it can't be proposed in backports.org

This is however lower priority than other tasks (3.5.2 in
experimental, make the final decision about 3.4 or 3.5 in squeeze,
maybe some ACL patches to backport from 3.2.15 to 3.2.5 for users of
Debian lenny, etc.)