[Samba] samba 3.5.2 (upgrade from samba 3.4.7) winbind don list windows AD groups

Jancio Wodnik jancio_wodnik at wp.pl
Fri Apr 9 12:17:58 MDT 2010

W dniu 09.04.2010 19:32, Robert Freeman-Day pisze:
> [SNIP]
>
> Jancio,
>
> Unless someone from SerNet lurks on the list to correct me, you would
> want help from the packagers, but there is no clear path to support or
> to report a bug.  They seem to have mailing lists, but tend to be for
> announcements.  SerNet does offer paid support.
>
> In light of this, I would probably stay with the 3.4.7 installation
> since it was working for you.  Stay with it until you find a way to
> report on this or get support from the SerNet group.

 Hm. I have on this box samba 3.4.7 from sernet, but i observed strange
behaviour. Login trough ssh was very long. Even 3-4 minutes !, I want to
start midniagt commanedr, again, a must waiting circa 3-4 minutes ! I
stopped winbind, and i could run MC in normal manner, login was again fast.

Some thing was with winbind - wins name resolve (?), a started winbind
again, and all return back, long login to this box, trouble with
starting MC, mcedit - every time i must wait so long. So i decided to
upgrade to Samba 3.5.2 - things appers to be ok, no slowdown with
running mcedit etc, login is fast, but this problem with winbind.

Maybe someone from samba team shine some light or anyone from sernet.

Jancio wodnik