[Samba] Samba user problem

Poulter, Dale dale.poulter at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sun Apr 4 15:41:38 MDT 2010

All,

As if often the case ,  I quickly found a typo in my nsswitch file immediately after sending the email.  Thanks.

From: Poulter, Dale
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 3:20 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Samba user problem

We are using RHEL release 5.5, Samba version 3.0.33-3.28.el5, and active directory.  I have been able to successfully join the domain and have created a share.  The problem is that I can only map the share with an ADS username that is the same as a username on the unix server.  I still need to use the ADS password so it appears to be connecting to the domain correctly.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?

--Dale

---------------------------------------
Dale Poulter
Automation Coordinator