[Samba] Adding printer from Win Vista error (0x000006f7)

Remy Ponso remy at pccomputadores.cjb.net
Sun Sep 20 19:13:16 MDT 2009

Hi everybody!

I'm having troubles when trying to add a samba shared printer in win
vista home premium (V 6.0). It gives error (0x000006f7).
Searching in google I found something similar to my trouble. But It was
about samba-3.0.24...
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2007-February/051552.html
I dont think It's my case.
I have installed printer's driver throught cupsaddsmb command, and in
Win XP everything works just fine, It download the driver, and install
the printer.
In vista it can download the driver, but can't install the printer
giving the error code (6f7).

Here is some data:
Samba version: samba-3.4.1-6.1.i586.rpm
uname -a: Linux linux-115 2.6.22.19-0.3-default #1 SMP 2009-05-27
10:35:34 +0200 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
Distro: openSUSE 10.3 (i586)
VERSION = 10.3
I've attached samba's log file (lv 10) with the procedure of trying to
connect to the share printer from vista, and 'smb.conf'.

I hope someone can help me, I'm trying to solve this serveral days...
Regards and thanks,

Remy Barros