[Samba] Mapping usernames

GARCIA CABALLERO Jordi Jordi.GARCIA at oami.europa.eu
Wed Sep 30 02:23:55 MDT 2009

Hi Gary

Thanks for the quick answer.

The first solution works fine and it is right for me. But indeed, what I
want to set is group mappings instead of user mappings. In order to do
that I created a share with a determined unix group and I map a Windows
group to that unix group following the instructions given in the link
below. Then, I add my Windows user to the Windows group, but it does not
work. Is it simple as this? Do I need to use "force group"?

http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/groupmapping.html

Thanks in advance,

IT Infrastructure & Operations Service // ITD - OHIM

Services Provided by

Jordi GARCIA - OPERATIONS Unix Admin

FUJITSU SERVICES