[Samba] not permitted to access this share

andy.marr at bt.com andy.marr at bt.com
Tue Sep 29 09:59:18 MDT 2009

Update if anyone's reading.

I've turn off winbind and removed winbind from nsswitch.conf on the
samba server.

I can now get a connection using smbclient on the samba server - using
the users AD password.
 /usr/sfw/bin/smbclient //fgukshppay001/lsww -U admandymarr
Password:
Domain=[FIRSTGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.33]
smb: \>

But I still cannot get a connection via the PC's in the domain.

P:\>net use *  \\FGUKSHPPAY001\LSWW
System error 64 has occurred.

The specified network name is no longer available.

P:\>

Any ideas ?