[Samba] Print queue show jobs when queried from windows, nothing in cups

William Marshall bmarsh at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 25 14:30:14 MDT 2009

We have a print server running RHEL 4, w/ samba-3.0.33-0.15.el4

When viewed from windows, one queue on the system has the "remains" of 264
print jobs - some dating back to April, but I can't find where the
information is coming from. Apparently the jobs print fine, but then the
information sticks in the queue information.

Running lpq on the Samba system shows:
# lpq -a
no entries

I dumped a few tdbs and upped my log level to 10, but I didn't see any
logging from cups_queue_get. I thought Samba would go into that code to
reload the queue information.

Any hints on what to try next to clean up my queue?

Thanks,
- Bill