[Samba] Adding a AD Group to a Unix user account

Schneider, Craig-P65851 Craig.Schneider at gdc4s.com
Thu Sep 24 14:38:52 MDT 2009

I think the problem is that the usermod program used the /etc files, and
not NSS. So, you are trying to add "bobby" to the "Domain Users" group
in /etc/group, but that group doesn't exit there. I found that using
Linux ACLs with multiple groups assigned to files was an acceptable work
around for my needs.

--craig