[Samba] upgrading samba

Joel Franco Guzmán joel.frg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:08:54 MDT 2009

Hi,

I use debian but this should be similar.

To backup your important files, backup the /etc/samba and
/var/lib/samba directories doing like this, after stop the samba
daemon:

# cp -a /var/lib/samba /var/lib/samba.bak
# cp -a /etc/samba /etc/samba.bak

Then you could do the upgrade. If something goes wrong, reinstall the
old version and restore the copied directories.

Regards,