[Samba] How to create a new share

Ingraham, Kim, DOH kim.ingraham at state.nm.us
Mon Sep 14 11:57:27 MDT 2009

This is a simple problem, I'm sure, but it's stumped me so far.

I am using Samba version 2.2.3a on an IBM AIX server and I need to
create a new share and cannot find how to do that from the documentation
I have.

The shares I have were set up by a person that is no longer employed
with us and he didn't document his work so I'm stuck trying to do this.

When I try to use the "Create Share" option and enter the name of the
share in the box to the right, it doesn't create the share.  There is
something I'm missing.

I would appreciate any help offered.

Kim

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail,including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,use,disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message.  -- This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.