[Samba] 2.6.31-rc8: CIFS with 5 seconds hiccups

Christoph Lameter cl at linux-foundation.org
Mon Sep 14 14:10:47 MDT 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Jeff Layton wrote:

> In any case, I think we need to look closely at what's happening at
> mount time. First, I'll need some other info:
>
> 1) output of "/sbin/mount.cifs -V" from both machines

The 32 bit machine

#/sbin/mount.cifs -V
mount.cifs version: 1.5

mount -t cifs //chiprodfs2/company /mnt -ouser=clameter,domain=xxx

64 bit machine

$ /sbin/mount.cifs -V
mount.cifs version: 1.12-3.4.0

mount -t cifs //chiprodfs2/company /mnt -ouser=clameter,domain=w2k

> 3) wire captures from mount attempts on both machines. Try to mount the
> "clameter" dir on both boxes and do captures of each attempt. Maybe
> this time use -s 0 with tcpdump so we get all of the traffic.

I cannot mount the clameter dir on the 32 bit box. Hangs. So I will mount
/company.

> There may be crackable password hashes in the captures, so you may want
> to send them to me privately and not cc the list.

Ok will follow.