[Samba] Domain Trusts

Charlie Clark samba at funkymunkey.com
Wed Sep 16 12:52:16 MDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to get two Samba4 domain's linked in a trust over an openvpn tunnel.
Everything seems to be setup fine and each domain recognizes the other domain
when starting to create the trust. I am unable to get this to work though as
when I go through the wizard and it creates the trust, the last screen says "The
operation failed. The error is: The stub received bad data.". I also get this
error when using netdom to create the trust. This seems to happen no matter what
type of trust I create.

My question is, is this feature implemented yet?
If so, has anybody been able to get it working or had a similar problem?
If not, is anybody working on implementing this as a feature?
If so, do you have an eta?

Also how do I get samba4 to log? I have been unable to find any logs and putting
'log file        = /var/log/samba/log.smbd' into /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
has no affect.

Thanks,

Charlie