[Samba] Windows 7 RC

SkyBeam rme at bluemail.ch
Wed Sep 2 01:35:29 MDT 2009

airwofl wrote:

> Did you get a chance to test it with 3.4.0? I have 3.3.7 installed -
> Windows 7 RTM joins the domain (with the primary dns suffix error) but
> cannot log in to as I get the trust error (output in the log.smbd is the
> same as everyone elses). The regkeys mentioned are all applied btw.
>
> I would rather go upwards than downgrade to get this working.

I have posted all my experience and configuration I used within the mailing
list but it never gets accepted by moderators as it looks like. So the
approval is still pending. I've re-submitted all my posts to this mailing
list several times but got tired  to re-submit over and over again without
any progress.
Moreover my comments might have been useful some weeks ago but meanwhile
others might have come to the same conclusion (even doing the same work
twice...).

Basically I've been able to identify the problems caused by the issue that
Windows is unable to change the primary DNS suffix. I've also been able to
find a work-around and finally it works quite well for me (using Samba 3.3).
So I've not invested in Samba 3.4 yet. Rather I hope that Samba 4 is going
to be ready some when in the future or Samba 3.4/3.5 is updated to
officially and fully support Windows 7.

I will try again re-submitting all my messages to the mailing list but I
doubt that they will be accepted. Just annoying.