[Samba] Windows 2008 terminal services with a samba PDC

Fri Sep 11 09:31:58 MDT 2009

Hi everybody,

i am running Samba 3.4.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 (from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/pgquiles/ppa/ubuntu hardy main).
The tdbsam is within the LDAP Server (created with gosa and Samba 3.0.28).

I installed also two Windows 2008 Server's on the first i have also the
activated License-Server. (I installed also on the second Terminalserver
a Licenseserver, but didn't enable it, to get the License Manager)

i added the machine to the samba controlled domain. and it complain's
about missing the licenseserver on both computer's. cant say, if it
worked before adding it to the domain.

When setting within terminalserver configuration the named license
server, it say's valid license server found. But even after a reboot,
the tsconfig.msc complain's about missing license Server.

I checked also the registry http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279561
the server is listed correctly.
I added also the domainname\nameoftse$ to remote Desktop User's.

Does there already an idea?

greetings
thomas