[Samba] Port 7

Mon Sep 7 09:36:14 MDT 2009

On 9/7/2009, Anthony Accurso (ihtarlik at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Samba on its own never listens on port 7.

> Yeah, and I've never seen a pig fly before either.

No need to be an ass about it.

> But that's the last time I take something like that for granted.

You still haven't proven that it is samba *on* *it's* *own* that is
doing this (and without your inadvertantly telling it to).

Volker is one of the samba devs, and it is not that difficult to give
temporary but secure access to a specific individual in order to assist
in troubleshooting a system that is exhibiting unusual behavior. You're
the one who came here asking for help

I would take a samba dev at his word when he says something like the
above, so it would seem that there is something going on on your system
that should not be.

Personally, I would be grateful for help from one of the devs if my
system were doing something similar.

--

Best regards,

Charles