[Samba] "net sam provision" and samba 3.4.0

David Markey dmarkey at dodds.dmarkey.com
Sun Sep 6 16:53:21 MDT 2009

These are the settings i use:
[global]
  workgroup = TESTDOM
  encrypt passwords = true
  passdb backend =   ldapsam:ldapi:///
  domain logons = yes
  ldapsam:trusted=yes
  ldapsam:editposix=yes
  restrict anonymous = 0
  log level = 10
  log file = /var/log/samba
  ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=samba,dc=org
  ldap delete dn = yes
  ldap passwd sync = yes
  ldap group suffix = ou=groups
  ldap machine suffix = ou=computers
  ldap user suffix = ou=users
  ldap suffix = dc=samba,dc=org
  ldap ssl = off
  logon path =
  template homedir = /home/%U
  template shell = /bin/bash
  idmap backend = ldap:ldapi:///
  idmap uid = 1000000-1999999
  idmap gid = 1000000-1999999
  idmap alloc backend = ldap
  idmap alloc config : ldap_url = ldapi:///
  idmap alloc config : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=samba,dc=org
  idmap alloc config : ldap_user_dn = cn=admin,dc=samba,dc=org

Don't forget net idmap secret alloc "password"

The docs should probably be updated.