[Samba] default profile

Tamás Pisch pischta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 03:36:11 MDT 2009

>  USERENV(2c4.2dc) 19:15:51:093 LoadUserProfile: User sid: S-1-5-19

Sorry, but I haven't followed this thread. But *this* looks
> wrong. A user should never have S-1-5-19 as SID. It must be
> of the form S-1-5-21-a-b-c-d where a,b,c and d are 32-bit
> numbers.

I don't know, what is that ID, because I don't have SID which starts that.
t8's ID is:
S-1-5-21-1056419617-429938706-1326152232-4322
Interesting.

2009/9/2 Masao Garcia <masaog at fshac.com>

> There is a bug in Windows SP3 where if you change your password the first
> time logging into the domain on a computer, it will not copy down the
> Default User profile stored in the netlogon folder.  I believe there is a
> problem with roaming profiles as well, where changes are not saved back to
> the server where the profile is being saved.
>

> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/29d8987a-6
> 017-48bc-9972-dc8f8f80532c<http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/29d8987a-6%0A017-48bc-9972-dc8f8f80532c>
>
> This was the solution for me. If a user don't change his/her password first
time, he/she gets the default profile from the netlogon share. XP clients
are with SP3 and have all updates, so congratulations for M$.

Thanks all answers.