[Samba] Password-less share, for certain users.

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed Sep 2 18:35:44 MDT 2009

On 3/09/2009 8:24 AM, JDE wrote:
> Here's what I got. I want to allow a 'password-less' log-in that will
> allow only user1 and user2 to access share_zero, can this be done? I
> know that I can make it public, but that's not really an option as I
> need to restrict access to just a hand full of users. Can this be
> done? I've searched everywhere and all I can find is setting share to
> public, or something similar.

If a user is connecting without a password then they are a guest and
they do not have a username.

What you are trying to do isn't possible because it is pointless.
Usernames aren't private, if I can guess (or ask for) someones username
then I could bypass your restrictions.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>