[Samba] Cached password updates with Winbind

Schneider, Craig-P65851 Craig.Schneider at gdc4s.com
Wed Sep 2 13:42:11 MDT 2009

I have set that to various times, as small as 10, but I don't see any
network traffic in tcpdump indicating the updates are occuring. In
addition, I modified a user account on the PDC, wbinfo showed a sequence
change, I waited well over 5 minutes just make sure the default cache
timeout wasn't being used, and the cache still wasn't updated. Here is
my config. maybe there is something wrong there?

[global]

    log level = 5 ads:10 auth:10 sam:10 rpc:10

    winbind offline logon = true
    winbind cache time = 30
    winbind normalize names = yes
    winbind separator = +