[Samba] Lots of smbd processes and connections?

Brian bbayorgeon at charter.net
Fri Oct 30 23:27:26 MDT 2009

Well, it was all a delusion.  The problem is not fixed - it has returned.  I
have
attached to this email 3 files with level 10 logs.  I'm not sure if the
attachments
will pass to the samba list or not, but I will try.  If not I will resend
with
the content in the email.

the files are:

"smbd start to first rep"

is the log from the time the smdb process restarts until the appearance of
the first loop repetition.

"rep 1"

is the log of first repetition of things after the server has initialized
and the session established with the client.

"rep 2"

is the basically the same as the rep1

it goes on and on.....

> No, your trace doesn't look anything like his problem (I just
> looked). Your trace shows a DFS referral request for a truncated
> network path, not a repeating findfirst pattern.
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy, if you take a look at the logs (lvl 10 this time) you will see
that the first reference to the truncated service name (roo) occurs in
conjunction with dfs...so I postulate that it is the same problem
Matt is having.

[2009/10/30 19:31:29, 10] smbd/trans2.c:call_trans2getdfsreferral(7325)
  call_trans2getdfsreferral
[2009/10/30 19:31:29, 10] smbd/msdfs.c:parse_dfs_path(108)
  parse_dfs_path: temp = |OLDJUNK\roo| after trimming \'s
[2009/10/30 19:31:29, 10] smbd/msdfs.c:parse_dfs_path(133)
  parse_dfs_path: hostname: OLDJUNK