[Samba] LDAP Examples

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Oct 31 14:38:26 MDT 2009

On 10/31/2009 03:22 PM, Miguel Medalha wrote:

>> Actually never mind. Just found it at
>> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html
>> in table Table 11.3.
>>
>> I would suggest starting there with figuring out LDAP and Samba.
>>

> Yes. Over the years, I also discovered that searching for information
> and collecting useful bits of knowledge from here and there and
> putting them together is actually much better than bitching around and
> complaining that things are not as they should be.
>
> I was able to install a few production servers with Samba and LDAP
> just by actually reading the information provided both in Samba How-To
> and Samba by Example. Amazing, uh?

I am delighted to see that my efforts at documentation have not been
wasted and that someone actually has gained advantage from them.   It
would be even better to see contributions from those who gained any
benefit in the form of updates and additions that will make the
Samba3-HOWTO and Samba3-ByExample more valuable and useful.

I am convinced that you can contribute some observations or things
learned that others would find valuable.  Please, please do contribute
to the Samba documentation.

Cheers,
John Terpstra