[Samba] Samba & LDAP: "Unable to allocate a new user id: bailing out!"

Christian Geiger c.geiger at lohrmann.de
Thu Oct 29 01:49:23 MDT 2009

Great - that was the reason. In case someone else encounters the same
problem - adding the following lines helped:

    idmap backend = ldap
    idmap alloc backend = ldap
    idmap alloc config:ldap_base_dn = ou=idmaps,dc=lohrmann,dc=de
    idmap alloc config:ldap_user_dn = cn=samba,dc=lohrmann,dc=de
    idmap alloc config:ldap_url = ldap://ldap.lohrmann.de

Thx François!