[Samba] samba ldap

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 09:34:46 MDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Dale Schroeder
<dale at briannassaladdressing.com> wrote:
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Dale Schroeder
> <dale at briannassaladdressing.com> wrote:
>

> Two things that I can think of:
> 1. Did you remember to run smbpasswd -w
>
> 2. In /etc/smbldap-tools, check the values in the two conf files.
>   Edit as necessary, or run "dpkg-reconfigure smbldap-tools" if needed.
>
> If that doesn't help, you'll probably need to post your config files on the
> list.
>

> Hi Dale
>
> Shall i pastebin the configs to you instead of the list due to security
> concern
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kaushal
>

> It would be best to "sanitize" anything you don't want to be public, then
> allow the list to see them.
> The contents of those files should be small enough to paste into the body of
> the mail, but that's your call.
>
> No clues in the other howto's?
>
> Dale
>

> FYI: More complete howto's here:
> http://wiki.makethemove.net/index.php?title=LDAP-Samba#Introduction
> and here:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenLDAP-SambaPDC-OrgInfo-Posix
>
> I use Debian and was able to successfully adapt these Ubuntu tutorials, so
> they should work for you.
>
> Dale
>

> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I am following https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/serverguide/C/samba-ldap.html
> and ldap works perfectly fine.
> I have issues with connecting to ldap from samba.
>
> I get
>
> [2009/10/27 12:37:28, 1] lib/smbldap.c:another_ldap_try(1153)
>  Connection to LDAP server failed for the 9 try!
> [2009/10/27 12:37:29, 2] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_open_connection(786)
>  smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
> [2009/10/27 12:37:29, 2] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_connect_system(982)
>  failed to bind to server ldap://localhost/ with
> dn="cn=admin,dc=webaroo,dc=com" Error: Can't contact LDAP server
>        (unknown)
>
> I have ldapserver running on the same server as samba server is
> running. when i run ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://localhost. I am able to
> see the user details.
> Please let me know if anyone needs configs and additional information.
> Also when i run smbldap-populate, i get
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/302630/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kaushal

Hi,

Below are my configs.

http://pastebin.com/dcb24c87 ---> ldap.conf
http://pastebin.com/d721f0d4d ---> slapd.conf
http://pastebin.com/d102cbfc5 --->samba.conf
http://pastebin.com/d4a02b874 --> smbldap.conf
http://pastebin.com/d716fddc0 ---> smbldap_bind.conf

I am running both ldap and samba server on the same host running on
ubuntu 8.04 Hardy server. I am following
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/serverguide/C/samba-ldap.html. I get the
below issue when i run smbldap-populate I get
http://pastebin.com/d30ed0db6.

Please let me know if anyone needs more information.

Thanks,

Kaushal