[Samba] Files copying - date and owner... problems

lmhelp lmbox at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 28 08:44:35 MDT 2009

Hi!

Thank you for your answer.

Maybe this is the way I copy files which is not right?
On the Windows machine, I open two Windows Explorers:
- one points to the root directory of the data I want to copy
  (the "source" Explorer),
- the other one points to the Samba server target directory
  (the "target" Explorer).
Then I simply select all the files in the "source" Explorer
and drag and drop the whole thing on the "target" Explorer.
What do you think about it?
Is is the way you usually proceed?
If not, how do you copy files to your Samba server?

Thank you for your help and all the best,
--
Lmhelp