[Samba] Lots of smbd processes and connections?

Brian bbayorgeon at charter.net
Wed Oct 28 06:08:52 MDT 2009

http://66.190.9.142/vista-spam-1.log

http://66.190.9.142/vista-spam-2.log

Here is a few seconds worth in these two files.  This is with the
workaround in place where I have a "roo" share setup on the server
so you will not see all those can't find service messages.

I have not had time to look at them.  Not sure if I could pick anything
out of them or not.

The more I investigate the more I am convinced it is a client issue..

Another interesting tidbit of information.  Last night I setup a new account
on the bsd box (non wheel account) and a matching account on the vista
box (non administrator) and after a quick try last night it would appear
the problem goes away (or had not started yet).  I will duplicate
that experiment to make sure.

Brian