[Samba] UID - high need to lower it for a test user - active directory auth

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:04:31 MDT 2009

2009/10/27 James Kosin <james_kosin at cox.net>:
[...]
> Which applications?  I do know Microsoft Office products usually have some
> fine tuning when run with or without domain logins.
>
> Other than that; we would need more specifics to answer your problem...
>
> 1)  You said the application being run was having problems, what error
> messages or problems?  Try to be as complete as possible.
[...]

I think the original thread made this more clear, but he has local and
AD users logging into a Linux machine, using winbind for
authenticating the AD users.  These users are all trying to run some
proprietary software on the Linux machine, so they are not accessing
Samba shares (or if they are that is not related to this problem.)

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>