[Samba] UID - high need to lower it for a test user - active directory auth

KJS lists at netzensolutions.com
Thu Oct 22 06:52:39 MDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I am having some problems with Active Directory users using a bit of
software on our server, my AD users are authing via Winbind this works
fine and the only difference I can see between a local  user and an AD
user is the fact the AD user has a MUCH higher UID, how can I create a
user with a low UID to test this?  I don't want to change them all yet
as it might not be this that is causing the problem.

Many Thanks,
KJS