[Samba] Old application very slow

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Fri Oct 23 01:43:05 MDT 2009

Volker Lendecke schreef:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 04:27:52PM +0200, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>> Koenraad Lelong schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I have a (temporary ?) solution : if I enable "fake oplocks" the
>> application works fast. Since I was thinking of giving that application
>> and it's database-files it's own share I think it will work.
>> I don't like to give the other shares those fake oplocks.
>>
>> Comments ?
>
> If you guarantee that only one user will ever use that db
> simultaneously, you're probably fine. If you have multi-user
> access, "fake oplocks" will make the application eat your
> data.
>
> Volker
Hi Volker,

I know that, that's why I will give it a share of it's own. That
application is "write one/read many".

Is there an explanation for the fact that when I run the application in
dosemu on a linuxbox, the files are opened with an exclusive lock, while
under "regular Windows", the files are opened without locks ? And that's
on the same share.

Now that I think of it, I don't see any files opened with oplocks ! All
my locking options are default. Why are there no oplocks ?

Regards,

Koenraad.