[Samba] mount.cifs not reporting locking issues to Linux?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Wed Oct 21 15:33:28 MDT 2009

Hi there

I recall in times past that when a locked file on a Windows server was
accessed by smbfs, you received a kind of "text file busy" type error
under Linux. However, on our CentOS4 servers running mount.cifs,
accessing a locked file now only reports a "Permission denied"

Wireshark shows the server sending "STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT" errors to
Linux, but it appears that isn't exposed to the OS?

Is this a bug - or a lack of a feature? This is samba-3.2.11-1

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417