[Samba] samba 3.4.2 centos with ldap 2.4.11 stucks - The workaround

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Wed Oct 21 00:31:46 MDT 2009

Hi!

As I said, I the smbd daemon stucks if you use Samba 3.4.2 on CentOS 5.3
with ldap 2.4.11.
(You start the smb daemons, then you have to wait a few minutes before
the daemon states "waiting for connections" and then after you try to
connect to a network share the daemon stucks" - all that behaviour when
you use the local ldap)

I found a workaround - if I use winbind nested groups=no then it works.

Can someone give me a hint what is wrong?

regards
Martin