[Samba] winbind causes Linux to lockup when connectivity to AD is lost (subject line edited for clarity)

Clayton Hill admin at ateamonsite.com
Sun Oct 18 17:41:27 MDT 2009

Good to know, and your description fits my understanding of this issue
and reproduces my scenario well.
Basically all I have to to render the server completely unresponsive
(even basic command line stuff) is take _any_ domain offline.
This seems to mean winbind's caching is not behaving as designed.