[Samba] winbind causes Linux to lockup when connectivity to AD is lost (subject line edited for clarity)

François Legal devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Fri Oct 16 14:33:07 MDT 2009

I don't know if it helps, but I ran through similar problems with one
samba DC trusting another domain connected via a VPN.
Each time the VPN went down, I had to hard reboot the server (no I did not
have an open session all the time to kill winbindd).

As far as I remember, this was with self built versions 3.2.4 through
3.2.6.
After that, I decided to surrender with trusting another domain with
samba.

François