[Samba] Linux 2.6.31, samba server no longer working

Timothy Normand Miller theosib at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:26:58 MDT 2009

Hi,

Since upgrading to Linux 2.6.31, smb shares on my linux box are no
longer mountable by other computers.  As far as the client is
concerned, it looks like authentication is failing.  But when I look
in /var/log/samba, I find absolutely nothing about any attempted or
failed connections.  Both smbd and nmbd are still running, so they
didn't crash.  I just can't find anything to help me diagnose the
problem.

Can anyone give me some suggestions about where to start looking for
the cause of the trouble?

Thanks!

--
Timothy Normand Miller