[Samba] SOLVED: Samba as fileserver on Active Directory domain

Ivan Ordonez iordonez at berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 14 10:36:14 MDT 2009

We got our Samba joined our Active Directory domain as a fileserver.  We
emerge the latest Samba version on 3.4.2.  Instead of using the group
name on Active Directory as the owner and group of a directory or file
we are sharing, I used GID and UID instead.

hostname~#chown 11111:2000000 /share/test

Also, below is a portion of my smb.conf.

[test]
        comment = test
        path = /share/test
        public = yes