[Samba] How to force winbind (3.4.1) to talk to a certain AD-server?

Schröder Malte (Y-NE) malte.schroeder at vattenfall.com
Mon Oct 12 06:25:20 MDT 2009

Hello,
how can I force winbind to talk to a certain AD-controller?
I run version 3.4.1 and winbind is joined to the Win2k3/2k8 domain, with
security = ADS. It seems as if winbind always sticks to the last successfully
contacted server. That server has bad performance and I want winbind to use
another server for NTLM-authentication. It seems to ignore the "password
server" setting.

What an I do?

Greets
Malte Schröder