[Samba] Interdomain Trust between Samba3 and 2000 AD

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:58:03 MDT 2009

Is your domain controller in mixed mode? (i.e. for backward
compatibility with NT4 machines?)   I am not 100% certain, but I think
this is required.  From the perspective of a Windows machine, Samba is
an NT4 server.    I have had limited success with trusts with a Win
2003  AD DC was in mixed mode.  I was not able to set up trusts with a
Win 2008 DC in "2003" mode (i.e. support for Win 2003 but not for
NT4.)