[Samba] samba queue and cancel commands

Joerg Thuemmler listen at vordruckleitverlag.de
Mon Oct 12 04:36:02 MDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using samba version 3.2.7-11.3.2-2154-SUSE-CODE11,
(Linux) and I'm connecting to windows (workgroup) boxes either with
Windows XP home SP3 or Win2000 prof. All works fine but the queue and
cancel commands. Simple printing test with

echo -en "\rHello\r\f" | smbclient "//Winhost/printer" -c "print -" -U
<user> -N

works well and I seem to have the needed rights and using "-U
Administrator" doesn't change the thing.

Are there any special configurations to be made to use queue and cancel.
Do I have to set special rights on the win boxes?

Any help is greatly welcome

cu jth