[Samba] AD Integration woes - rfc2307 data not being honored

Andreas Zickner andreas at zickner.de
Sat Oct 10 05:20:55 MDT 2009

Hi Matthew,

I'm trying to achieve the same goal. As I was not aware of the fact that
  I can configure winbind (idmap?) to use the rfc2307 schema I took an
other approach:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html#idmaprfc2307

Here I get all values (UID, GID and group members mangaged in AD) ...
downside is that I still have some issues that I get a strange error
when accessing a share other than /tmp .... with an own compiled (and
modified) samba the setup is working.

Do you have any reference from where you got these settings? I would
like to try to rebuild it in my env to see if I have the same issues....

thanks,
Andreas