[Samba] Samba 3.4.2 on Solaris 9 build problem

Dirk Jakobsmeier dirk.jakobsmeier at wige.com
Fri Oct 9 07:34:51 MDT 2009

Hello Gregory,

Am Freitag 09 Oktober 2009 14:39:14 schrieb Gregory Gabriel:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build samba 3.4.2 on Solaris 10 using SunStudio 12 but
> I've hit a snag.
>
> Linking bin/smbd
> ld: fatal: file dynconfig.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to bin/smbd

i allways had this error because using gcc the Makefile is not correct. The
CFLAGS (-m64) where not used on all lines so gcc tried to build 32 and 64 bit
binaries which is not working for sure. The first error was in the same line
as yours (bin/smbd). So i added $CFLAGS to LDFLAGS because LDFLAGS has been
used correctly in the Makefile (did not want to add $CFLAGS to about 50
lines).

Perhaps nearly the same problem.

--

Dirk