[Samba] Change Allowed Workstations with pdbedit

Philipp Boksberger sys.admin at bogenhofen.at
Thu Oct 8 00:23:50 MDT 2009

Dear Samba Users,

I have a Samba 3.2.5 Server running on Debian. I use tdbsam as a password
database and wonder how I can change the "Workstations" value in order to
control the allowed workstations for a particular user. Last year I had a
configuration with ldap using the smbldap tools where it was possible to set
this value. But how can I set it without  LDAP just using pdbedit?

In the official Samba 3.2.x HOWTO and Reference Guide in Chapter 11 Section
"The pdbedit Tool"
(http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html#pdbe
ditthing) there is an example where "Workstations" is set to "melbelle" -
but no explanation of how this could be done. There is also no parameter
listed in the pdbedit man page.

Any hints?

Philipp