[Samba] Hide share with a twist

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Oct 7 12:45:51 MDT 2009

    I'm setting up a single SAMBA server that will have different
netbioses names:

    netbios aliases SAMBASRV BACKUPSRV

    Then I have two shares defined, [assets] and [digital], different
path on both.

    Now, when I connect to \\SAMBASRV from my windows machine, I see
both the 'assets' and 'digital' shares available.  Same if I connect to
\\BACKUPSRV.  Is there a way to hide a share based on what netbios name
the user connected with?  For example, if a user connects with
\\SAMBASRV I only want them to be able to see the 'assets' share, and if
one connects with the \\BACKUPSRV name, they should only see the
'digital' share.  All users connect as guests, no passwords involved or
anything like that.  It's all shared.

    -- A