[Samba] compile on solaris 64bit, static winbind

Dirk Jakobsmeier dirk.jakobsmeier at wige.com
Wed Oct 7 07:10:16 MDT 2009

Hello,

i got many problems in compiling a working samba to use in our environment.

- solaris 10 on amd64 sun hardware
- version above 3.3.0 because of one of our applications
- samba as memeber server in active directory because of usermanagement on
windows 2003
- 64-bit samba because of many many open files
- static libraries because of relocation error: R_AMD64_PC32 with shared ones
(espacially libwbinfo.so)
- non compiling static libwbclient because of  shared-libraries-disabled not
found (SHLD=shared-libraries-disabled in Makefile)
- found comment about different handling on libwbclient (samba distribution)
and libtalloc (system os)

result is a nearly perfect working environment (even net join ads -w DOMAIN -U
Administrator) but non working winbindd so no passwords from AD

Could anyone give us a hint to make this working, because after some weeks of
testing and searching via internet my brain got absolutely blank.

with friendly regards

Dirk