[Samba] How to bulk add machine accounts during PDC hardware refresh?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Oct 6 16:39:26 MDT 2009

John Drescher wrote:

> Every time I have created a new PDC (in the last decade) I have just
> mirrored the LDAP and did not mess with new incompatible uids/gids

BUT I DO NOT HAVE LDAP in the configuration. aaakkk!!!

Let me guess... "Have solutions of how to rebuild PDC's if I had LDAP, but since I don't, then no solutions."

I have decided for now to keep the Samba PDC's as simple as possible. /etc/passwd, /etc/group, and the plain text smbpasswd.

(sigh...)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems