[Samba] Sambauser can't use his homeshare but other shares - STRANGE

Mario Constanti Mario.Constanti at x-cellent.com
Fri Oct 2 04:20:11 MDT 2009

Hello,

i am new to the Group and i hope, someone has a idea for my problem.

We have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 (with Active Directory)
which is the PDC in our domain.

We also have an Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS system with Samba 3.0.28a

The Ubuntu-System is our Fileserver and we have joined it to the domain.

So i can successfully login with my user from the ActiveDirectory on the
Ubuntu-System.

On our ubuntu-System we have some shares like [homes], [public],
[nobackup] and so on.

So this is our Problem:

If i tried to logon from a Windows XP to my "homes-share", it doesn't
work.

I've got the loginscreen to enter my username and password, but it
doesn't work.

In the Logfiles on the ubuntu-Server I see the following entry: (will
also in the File "log.home_share.txt")

smbd/password.c:register_vuid(304)

  User name: nobody     Real name: nobody

 smbd/password.c:register_vuid(325)

  UNIX uid 65534 is UNIX user nobody, and will be vuid 101

smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1033)

  winxpnotebook (192.168.2.15) connect to service IPC$ initially as user
nobody (uid=65534, gid=65534) (pid 8500)

When I tried to use the "public-share" it works and I see in the
logfiles the following entry: (will also in the File
"log.public_share.txt")

  Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0xa2088205

 smbd/password.c:register_vuid(304)

  User name: EXAMPLE+mario   Real name:

 smbd/password.c:register_vuid(325)

  UNIX uid 11206 is UNIX user EXAMPLE+mario, and will be vuid 103

smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1033)

  winxpnotebook (192.168.2.15) connect to service public initially as
user EXAMPLE+mario (uid=11206, gid=11150) (pid 8376)

When my connection to the "public-share" is still alive and I trie then
to use my home-share with the same
settings from my first "home-share-connection", it works.

And in the logfiles I see the following entry: (will also in the File
"log.home_share_after_public.txt")

smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1033)

  winxpnotebook (192.168.2.15) connect to service mario initially as
user EXAMPLE+mario (uid=11206, gid=11636) (pid 8642)

Any ideas?

After this, I created a new share with the name of my username called
[mario].

And then I reboot my Windows-XP machine and I tried to share my new
[homes] and it works.

And in the logfiles I see the following entry: (will also in the File
"log.home_mario_extra_share.txt")

  Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0xa2088205

 smbd/password.c:register_vuid(304)

  User name: EXAMPLE+mario Real name:

 smbd/password.c:register_vuid(325)

  UNIX uid 11206 is UNIX user EXAMPLE+mario, and will be vuid 103

smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1033)

  winxpnotebook (192.168.2.15) connect to service mario initially as
user EXAMPLE+mario (uid=11206, gid=11150) (pid 8376)

I hope someone has a idea of my problem.

I will now attach the smb.conf and the logfiles.

In the smb.conf I have uncommented the [homes]-Section and have created
the [mario]-Section.

This is the status, where my home-Share would work.

Logfile for this: log.home_mario_extra_share.txt

If I disable the [Mario]-Share and enable the default [homes]-Section,
then it wouldn't work

Logfiles for this: log.home_share.txt, log.public_shares.txt,
log._home_share_after_public.txt

So I hope, someone has an idea for this problem and can help me to solve
it.

Thanks for help,

Greetings from Germany

Mario