[Samba] How to bulk add machine accounts during PDC hardware refresh?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Oct 5 10:32:10 MDT 2009

Greetings-

I have not found discussed / documented what to do with machine accounts when moving a Samba PDC to new hardware.

I have seen that uid/gid numbers must match between the old/new system. I am thinking to use adduser to accomplish that, then make the numbers on the new server match, using a text editor.

After that, can I simply enter the machine account entries by hand with a text editor?

TIA!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems