[Samba] Unknown panic actions

Ralph Kutschera news2008 at ecuapac.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 5 07:07:40 MDT 2009

Dear list,

   I have Debian Etch with Samba Version 3.0.24 configured as a PDC.

Every day I get exactly 9 emails with panic action:

> The Samba 'panic action' script, /usr/share/samba/panic-action,
> was called for PID 4170 ().
>
> This means there was a problem with the program, such as a segfault.
> However, the executable could not be found for process 4170.
> It may have died unexpectedly, or you may not have permission to debug
> the process.

All emails are sent at the same time usually in the morning between 7:30
and 8:30.

I cannot find anything dubious within the logfiles (samba's and syslog)
nor do I recognize any functional errors.

How can I find out what triggers these panic actions?

Thanks,
   Ralph