[Samba] Designate one samba server for home directories

Luv Linux luvlinux2009 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:16:30 MDT 2009

Hello all,

I have a few samba servers running winbind that are joined to the AD 2003
domain.
Is it possible to designate one samba server to host the users' home
directories instead of each one of them?
If we have samba1, samba2, and samba3 and designate samba1 to host the home
directories and when a user accesses samba 2 either via ssh or as a share,
the home directory that the user sees would actually be present on samba1.

If this is possible, what changes do I need to make to smb.conf file?