[Samba] Rename Computer In Samba Domain: Access Is Denied

Bruno MACADRE bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Fri Oct 2 15:38:51 MDT 2009

Hi,

    I've had a similar behavior in compiling 3.4.2 from scratch, not for
the library path (--prefix works correctly on ./configure), but for the
confdir.

    I proceed like this : ./configure --prefix=/usr
--sysconfdir=/etc/samba  --libdir=/usr/lib ....  (other options)
       make
       make install

    But when I launch any tools compiled (testparm, pdbedit, smbd, nmbd,
...) all are searching smb.conf into /usr/lib. After a few research, it
appears that Mafefile contain CONFIGDIR=/usr/lib (and not /etc/samba
like it must...) after changing CONFIGDIR in the Makefile and make, all
works fine.

    Maybe your problem resides into the Makefile ? Have you try to to
use some options into your "configure" (like --libdir) ?

    Regards,
    Bruno