[Samba] Samba as fileserver on Active Directory domain

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Fri Oct 2 08:49:45 MDT 2009

What are the permissions on /shared/drive? We use ACLs to control access
rather than smb.conf. This gives us great flexability and you can kind of
manage it using a Windows machine. If you have Kerberos keytab generated,
you can smbmount on Linux using the -o sec=krb5 and no passwords are needed,
it also obeys ACL. The only catch is that you need to use RID or LDAP for
uid/gid mapping or else your permissions won't line up.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University